Updated on: April 4th 2018
Data you provide to us directly
When you use the Service, we may collect data that you provide to us directly. The information that you provide to us directly may include the following kind of information that may constitute personal data:
- Contact information (name, e-mail);
- Username and password for the Site forum;
- Profile information that you provide by choice (profile picture, gender, age, birthday, links to Social Networking websites);
- Data that you share via the Service (forum posting, chats, message boards, friend invitations to join the Service, your public profile and your friends list in the Service). You acknowledge and expressly agree that we may access in real-time, record and/or store of these communications, comments, photos, and drawings on our servers. We may use these communications to protect the safety and well-being of our players and Firebyte’s rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to operate, improve, and personalize our Services and our players’ experiences, including through analytics; and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
- Information about your contacts: We may give you the ability to import your address book contacts, including names, e-mail addresses, and social media handles, if available, or manually enter them so that you can find your contacts on Firebyte and invite them to play our games or to other of our Services. You are responsible for obtaining your contacts’ permission when you choose to provide their contact information to us. We may receive information about you from other Service users who import or manually share their contacts. We use and may store any or all of this contact information to enable you and your contacts to connect through all of our our Services. If you want to remove the contacts stored in our games or Services, follow the instructions provided in the particular game or Service to request that we remove them from our systems for that game or Service. If you have provided us your contacts in multiple games or Services and want to remove those contacts from all games and Services, you will need to take this step in each game or Service. If you need to enter a password to allow us to access your address book, we will not store that password.
- Payment information: If you make a purchase in our Services, such as a license to use in-game virtual currency or virtual items in a game you play, our third party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information to process your charges. This information may include your postal address, e-mail address, and financial information, like credit card numbers. Firebyte Games does not collect or store your financial information. However, Firebyte Games’s payment processors may share non-financial information with us related to your purchases, like your name, billing address and the items purchased in order to fulfill your order. We may also obtain the non-financial billing and payment information that you provide when your purchase is processed by someone else (like Facebook, Apple or Google) such as when you purchase something in a game you play on a social network or that you downloaded on your mobile device. Please note that purchases of third party credits or currencies may also be subject to those parties’ policies.
- Data that you provide in connection with any promotion that may be an element of the service;
- Employment information (name, e-mail, phone, resume).
Data collected automatically
When you use the Service, we may automatically collect the following data that may constitute personal data:
- We collect data on the device you use to access the Services. This device data includes: device manufacturer and type, information about the operating system of your device, the name of your carrier / internet service provider, connection type, device language, unique device identifiers, iOS device name, IMEI number, Android ID, Advertising ID, IDFA (unique identifier for iOS), the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the Service, the website you visited before and after visiting our Services. In addition, we may use the device data to generate an account for you to use when you play the Games.
- We use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts. These technologies are used to analyze trends, administer and enable features on the Service, track the user’s movements around the Service and to gather demographic data about our users. Information contained in a cookie may be linked to your personal information, such as your user ID, for purposes such as improving the quality of our Services, tailoring recommendations to your interests, and making the Service easier to use. You can disable cookies at any time, although you may not be able to access or use features of the Service.
- Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the Site, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Service. By using a browser plugin located at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
- We collect information on your location based on your IP address and/or the real-time GPS location of your device. By using the Service, you give your consent to the collection of location data.
Third Party Advertising and Analytics
We allow advertising on our Services so we can continue to offer many of our Services for free. To our best knowledge, we do not share personal information with third party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you provide your consent. When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share with them and with analytics providers the following types of information from our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (for example, players between the ages of 29 and 34 who live in Berlin);
- certain technical information (such as, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID; and
- other contextual data about your gameplay (such as, your level and session duration).
This information may be used to:
- measure the effectiveness of advertising,
- show you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising), and/or
- conduct analytics to improve your experience (such as Google Analytics which analyzes traffic and player activity).
Advertisers or advertising networks may collect this information by using one of more tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons.
Please note, if you click on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by Firebyte or the social network through which you are playing Firebyte’s games.
The purpose for which we use the data
We primarily use the information we collect and store to improve the gaming experience for our users, but there are other uses as well,including:
- to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences;
- to create player accounts or profiles and to enable you to play our games;
- to find and recommend other Firebyte players to you;
- to personalize our Services for you;
- to enable players to communicate with each other;
- to provide technical support and respond to player inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our players;
- to protect Firebyte’s rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities;
- to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to notify players of in-game updates, new products or promotional offers;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to conduct research.
If you provide your e-mail address to Firebyte Games, we will use it to respond to customer support inquiries, informed you about in-game activity, including comments from friends and in-game status updates and upgrades. Some messages, such as invitations to friends to play a game, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages (e.g. text messages) (“Promotional Communications”) directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving additional messages.
How we disclose data
Firebyte Games does not share your personal information except as approved by you or as described below:
- Firebyte Games may engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Example of these services include analyzing data and providing customer support. These agents and service providers may have access to your personal information in connection with the performance of services for Firebyte Games.
- We may release your information as permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; investigate fraud, respond to a government request, enforce or apply our rights; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection. In certain situations, Firebyte Games may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities or for local law enforcement requirements.
- Firebyte Games may share your information in connection with any merger, sale of our assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You will be notified via email and/or notice on our Sites of any change in ownership or users of your personal information.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
When you use any of the Firbyte games or applications on a mobile platform, we may record certain information and data, such as your application usage, access, session times and in-app purchases, your unique device ID (persistent / non-persistent), hardware type, media access control (“MAC”) address, international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), the version of your operating system (“OS”), your device name, your email address (if you have connected to Facebook or Google+), and your location (based on your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address). This information is useful to us for troubleshooting and helps us understand usage trends and improve and optimize the Services and your user experience, and may also be utilized for other purposes, such as interest based advertising as described elsewhere in this Policy.
In addition, we create a unique user ID to track your use of our Service. This unique user ID is stored in connection with your profile information to track the Firebyte games you are playing.
We may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications to send you game updates, high scores and other service related notifications that may be of importance to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by turning them off at the device level through your settings.
With only your express consent, we or our partners may collect your precise location based information (GPS) for the purpose of matching you with opponent players in your local area, to tailor content specific to your area (such as event announcements), to show your location to other players, and to match your device location to certain points of interest for purposes of interest based advertising as described elsewhere in this Policy. Other players in our game may then be able to see that you are available to play a game when you participate in specific areas of our games. Please note, participation in this part of the Service is not a requirement for all gameplay in our games, but it may be a requirement for example to participate in local gameplay with others in your area.
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you:
- The right to know what data we hold about you: If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We seek to promptly respond to your inquiry.
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary personal data corrected, deleted, or updated. The easiest way to correct, delete, or update the personal data you have provided to the Service is to log in to the Service and enter the necessary changes in the account settings of the Service. If you have additional questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us: All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as e-mail messages and SMS-messages, give you an option of not receiving such communications from us in the future. If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of personal data is important to us. We take reasonable measures to protect personal data about you from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties. Despite these efforts to store personal data collected in and through the Service in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of personal data, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to personal data. We do not warrant or represent that personal data about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
International Transfers of Personal Data
We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that these countries and jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as your own jurisdiction, and we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to enable transfer of information and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
Opting Opt of our Services
If you no longer want Firebyte Games to use of your information, you may contact us at http://firebyte-games.com/contact . Place “Delete My Account” in the subject line and include your first name, last name, e-mail address and your social network ID for the social network from which you access our Services (if applicable) in the body of the e-mail (for example, your Facebook user ID). We will respond to your request within ninety days. If you make such a request, you may longer be able to play such game or use our Services. We may request additional information from you to authenticate that you are the owner of the account. Please note that certain records, for example those relating to payments or customer service matters, will be held for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent content through or posted content on the Service, we may not be able to delete it.
Opting out of Geolocation
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation available to us by visiting your mobile device’s settings for the relevant application or the “settings” page for the relevant game.
Opting Out of Promotional Emails from Firebyte Games
If you want to stop receiving promotional e-mails from Firebyte Games, click on the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email from Firebyte Games. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or e-mail preference change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than thirty business days.
Opting Out of Other Communications
When you install our apps on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page.
Opting Out of Cookie Tracking
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove flash cookies. To learn more about and manage flash cookies you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel. If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of our Services because Firebyte Games cookies are necessary to track and enhance your game activities.
This Service is not directed to children younger than thirteen (13) years of age. We do not intend to collect personal data from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not use the Service and do not send any information about yourself to us.
We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our data and information privacy practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Questions or concerns